Quitting sugar becomes much more enticing when you understand the health benefits. It sounded a bit daunting to me until I really understood the positive changes I would get. I didn’t know what I was missing out on until I started seeing the results. I was sick with autoimmune diseases half of my life and didn’t realize sugar was also affecting my health. Now that I have reduced my sugar consumption I really feel the difference. When you have optimal health, you can live life to its fullest. The possibilities are endless.
- Slow down the aging process-When we eat too much sugar it causes inflammation and reduces the effectiveness of collagen and elastin, the proteins that keep our skin looking young.
- Lose weight-Processed foods tend to be high in refined flour and sugar, which immediately convert to fat if you don’t burn it. Eating more whole foods and foods higher in fat actually can help you lose weight.
- Eliminate sugar cravings-The more sugar you eat, the more you crave it. It becomes a vicious cycle. When we decrease our sugar intake we begin to crave it less.
- Improve sleep-Eating sugar before bed can cause low blood sugar, night sweats, and increase stress hormones, making it even harder to sleep.
- Improve mood– A diet high in sugar can lead to bad moods, anxiety, and depression from an increase in adrenaline.
- Increased energy-Sugar creates short lived energy. It can cause a sugar crash resulting from low blood sugar making you feel more tired than you were before you ate it.
- Reduce risk of cancer and diabetes-Sugar has been linked to cancer, type II diabetes, and contributes to many other serious health issues.
- Clearer skin-Eating too much sugar can increase blemishes, wrinkles, and immune issues like psoriasis.
- Stronger immune system-We’ve all been told to eat less sugar when we’re sick. This is because sugar weakens the immune system making it more likely we’ll get sick.
- Better sex-For men, it can reduce sex drive and function. For women, it can affect sex hormones and is linked to hair loss, acne, and irregular periods.
Sign up by the 7th and get $20 off: